Now that some time has passed, we can reflect on the mountain of content from the speakers at Live2Lead. Let’s take a moment and recap the highlights and the lessons from the day.
This list of guiding statements, tidbits and fresh ideas is actually quite helpful when put into the context of our daily lives. Gleaned from the speakers’ (John C. Maxwell, Chris Hogan, Rachel Hollis, Angela Ahrendts, and Marcus Buckingham) speeches that day, here are a number of memorable phrases:
- Nobody cares how much you know until they know how much you care.
- Hope is not a strategy.
- Use the ACT approach—what will you Apply, Change or Teach—from new things you learn?
- Connection with others is absolutely vital for success.
- Old hurt brings new harm to a new day.
- Trust, loyalty and unity are each a two-way street.
- Work hard and have fun at the same time.
- A culture is a living, breathing thing.
- Mentor someone every day.
- Turn off your head and turn on your heart.
- Big isn’t good unless big does good.
- Give 60, take 40 in everything.
- Look for yourself last in the photo.
- A leader doesn’t have two good days in a row.
- Be authentic.
- Show up.
- Give people the tools to change their lives.
- Focus on your self-awareness.
- Study failure then invert it.
- Love is space making.
- Culture eats strategy for lunch.
- Satisfaction creates energy.
- If there is mist in the pulpit, there will be fog in the pews—be clear.
- Measure what you manage.
This is quite a list to digest. No worries—over the next few months, New Paradigm Advisors will bring light and substance to many of these homilies and help you put them to good, substantial use.
And please plan on joining us for Live2Lead 2020 on October 20, 2020.
The New Paradigm Advisors’ Team